STEM Skills, Community Impact, and Career Readiness
Offer students opportunities to develop technical STEM and holistic skills through competition and career-ready practices with FIRST® Tech Challenge program
Throughout this year-long course, students will create a robot and utilize tools for self-growth in technical skill development and engineering design thinking. The program culminates in a competitive event where students present what they’ve learned and use their robot to compete.
Bring FIRST Tech Challenge to Your Students
The 2021-2022 FIRST® FORWARDSM presented by Qualcomm global theme addresses transportation and mobility, both for goods and people. FREIGHT FRENZY SM presented by Raytheon Technologies is the name of the 2022 game that will be revealed on Septembre 18, 2021.
- Guidance about infection prevention: Regardless of your learning environment this school year, FIRST has created guidance and options to help you engage your students in the FIRST experience. These suggestions and options are not prescriptive, and local health and safety regulations and guidance should precede any of the recommendations in this guide. > Download the guidance.
- Access to the digital FIRST Tech Challenge course curriculum through the FIRST Thinkscape Portal for students & teachers until September 2021. See the overview here.
- 11 units of Teacher Planning Support & Lesson Guides
- 11 units of Slidedecks for student-guided learning
- Engineering Notebook Templates
- Rubrics for assessing the engineering notebook, career readiness, and robot design
- Teacher Guide for best practices and classroom management resources
- Students can earn digital badges through Tallo to demonstrate skills and competencies
REV Robotics Education Kit
Can be purchased separately through FIRST.
This kit includes everything you need to build a basic robot that can be operated autonomously with the REV Control Hub and tele-op with gamepad. View technical specs and system requirements.
- REV Control Hub, Android phone, and necessary wiring
- Color and tensil sensors
- 240+ REV metal and plastic pieces including structure pieces, motion pieces, wheels
- Rechargeable battery pack and charger
- 1 core hex motor, 2 smart robot servos, and 2 HD hex motors
- Storage bin
- Hardware and tools
If you have an affiliated FIRST Tech Challenge competition kit from TETRIX or REV, you can use your existing set to interact with the curriculum.
REV Robotics Education Robot Upgrade Kit (optional)
It can be purchased through the FIRST dashboard. The REV Robotics Education Robot Upgrade kit allows customers to expand their existing education robot kit and take a deeper dive into the curriculum with extended builds and sensors.
The upgrade kit gives students more functionality in the classroom and combined with the REV Robotics Education Robot Kit, the Upgrade Kit provides a complete FIRST Tech Challenge Competition Set.
This combined kit provides sites with the equipment needed to transition to competing as a qualifying FIRST Tech Challenge team. Sites interested in qualifying competitions are required to register a FIRST Tech Challenge individual team to compete in regional events
- Additional gamepad
- Core Hex Motors
- Wheels, gears, chain, sprockets to increase functionality
GoBilda robotics Kit
The GoBilda Robotics Kit is an upgraded version of the kits typically used in FIRST Tech Challenge. This complete kit offers many parts that offer design possibilities superior to conventional robotics kits. These high-quality, precision-machined parts will provide superior reliability in robot construction by high school students. In addition, compared to traditional kits, GoBilda master kit offers four planetary gearbox motors as well as different traction mode configurations.
Here are possible configurations with this kit of parts.
Note that this kit does not include any electronic parts, however it is compatible with the REV control modules already included in the starter kit.
The GoBilda master kit includes:
- A large quantity of high quality machined metal parts;
- Hex axes as well as several metric screws of different sizes;
- A full range of motors;
- A battery pack with charger;
- Different wheels (standard, omnidirectional)
Robotique FIRST Québec offer and financial support
See all the details in our 2021-2022 price chart.
ROBOTIQUE FIRST QUÉBEC
138, Saint-Pierre Street, Montréal, Québec H2Y 2L7