Connecting to the World Through STEM Learning
Build a strong foundation for computational thinking and engineering skill development with in-classroom and structured after-school options with the FIRST® LEGO® League Explore program.
This FIRST® program provides the framework for facilitators to guide their students through 12 sessions where they’ll use their Engineering Notebooks to explore the fundamentals of engineering through a real-world problem, learn to design and code, and create unique solutions made with LEGO® bricks and powered by LEGO® Education WeDo 2.0.
Resources available to facilitators include scope and sequence options, which feature variations to customize activities to extend learning beyond the 10 sessions using FIRST and LEGO Education supporting materials.
To ensure students are acquiring knowledge and developing skills that are age- and grade-level appropriate, the FIRST LEGO League Explore Learning Progression can also be used to validate or assess students’ knowledge and skills.
FIRST LEGO League : 67 000 teams, 480 000 kids from more than 100 countries. In Quebec, 480 teams from 225 primary and high schools, 7 300 kids (2019-2020 season).
Bring FIRST LEGO League Explore to your students
The 2021-2022 FIRST® FORWARDSM presented by Qualcomm global theme addresses transportation and mobility, both for goods and people. Transportation drives us forward – impacting economies, bridging cultures, and making us all more globally interconnected. In 2021-2022 FIRST® LEGO® League’s CARGO CONNECTSM, participants will learn how cargo is transported, sorted, and delivered to its destinations.
- Printed materials and digital access to resources through the FIRST Thinkscape portal.
- Guidance for infection prevention: Regardless of your learning environment this school year, FIRST has created guidance and options to help you engage your students in the FIRST experience. These suggestions and options are not prescriptive, and local health and safety regulations and guidance should precede any of the recommendations in this guide. > Download the guidance
- Festival Guide: This digital guide provides guidance, management tips, and best practices for how to implement FIRST LEGO League Explore in the classroom and instructions on how to run your own festival in your classroom or school.
- Team Meeting Guide: This comprehensive guide is printed and also available digitally through the FIRST Thinkscape Portal and provides facilitators with guidance and lesson plans on how to run 12 sessions and prepare for a culminating celebration. It includes student outcomes, tips, guiding questions, sharing guidance, and clean up pointers. >View a sample
- Engineering Notebooks: These student workbooks are used to record ideas, notes, and sketches – printed versions of the books are included with Class Pack and School Pack, and new this year, static and interactive versions are available digitally through the FIRST Thinkscape Portal. It provides a guided 12-session experience, including an introduction activity, session tasks, and concluding with the team sharing what they learned and accomplished. >View a sample
- CARGO CONNECT℠ Explore Sets: Includes 700+ LEGO® elements that will help them bring their exclusive Heart Game to life with the LEGO® Education WeDo 2.0.
LEGO Education WeDo. 2.0 Core Set
Can be purchased separately through FIRST.
The reusable LEGO Education WeDo 2.0 Core Set is a hands-on STEM solution that combines the LEGO brick, classroom-friendly software, engaging standards-based projects, and a discovery-based approach. Designed with collaboration in mind, each Core Set supports introducing students to computational thinking and engineering principles in a fun and engaging way. View technical specs and system requirements.
For the best possible student experience, we recommend having at least one Bluetooth-enabled electronic device (computer/tablet) per four students.
Robotique FIRST Québec offer and financial support
See all the details in our 2021-2022 price chart.
Robotique FIRST Québec
138, Saint-Pierre Street, Montréal, Québec H2Y 2L7