Ignite Curiosity With Playful Learning
Harness young minds’ natural curiosity and build habits of learning, confidence, and teamwork skills with FIRST® LEGO® League Discover program.
This program provides facilitators with the tools and resources to lead early learners through 10 sessions as they explore STEM through play using the LEGO® Education STEAM Park. These resources include scope and sequence options, which feature variations to customize activities to extend learning beyond the 10 sessions using FIRST and LEGO Education supporting materials.
To ensure students are acquiring knowledge and developing skills that are age- and grade-level appropriate, the FIRST LEGO League Discover Learning Progression can also be used to validate or assess students’ knowledge and skills.
The FIRST LEGO League : 67 000 teams, 480 000 kids from more than 100 countries. In Québec, 480 teams from 225 primary and high schools, 7 300 kids (2019-2020 season).
Bring FIRST LEGO League Discover to your students
The program kit includes printed materials and digital access to resources through the FIRST Thinkscape portal.
The 2021-2022 FIRST® FORWARDSM presented by Qualcomm global theme addresses transportation and mobility, both for goods and people. This season, the FIRST LEGO League challenges are named CARGO CONNECTSM to learn how cargo is transported, sorted, and delivered to destinations.
The kit includes :
- Guidance for infection prevention: Regardless of your learning environment this school year, FIRST has created guidance and options to help you engage your students in the FIRST experience. These suggestions and options are not prescriptive, and local health and safety regulations and guidance should precede any of the recommendations in this guide. >Download the guidance.
- Team Meeting Guide: This comprehensive guide is printed and also available digitally through the FIRST Thinkscape Portal and provides facilitators with guidance and lesson plans on how to run 10 sessions and end with a culminating celebration. It includes student outcomes, handy tips, suggested tasks, and questions. >View a sample.
- Engineering Notebooks: These printed student workbooks are also available digitally and provide open spaces to write and draw ideas to the provided prompts. One page of the notebook is filled in during two classes and children can use their engineering notebooks at their final event to share what they created. >View a sample.
- CARGO CONNECT℠ Discover Sets: These sets include an exclusive set of LEGO® DUPLO® elements students will use as a starting point to explore how STEM relates to their world as they create an obstacle course.
- Discover More Parent Engagement Sets: LEGO Six Bricks take-home sets for each student to extend and reinforce their habits of learning at home.
Essential LEGO Education STEAM Park Set
Can be purchased separately through FIRST.
STEAM Park builds on every child’s natural curiosity and desire to create, explore, and investigate the world of early STEAM through creative play. Using the special selection of LEGO DUPLO bricks, children grow their understanding of gears, motion, measurement, and solving problems together in a fun and engaging way.
Each reusable STEAM Park Set contains 295 LEGO DUPLO bricks, including gears, tracks, pulleys, boats, and figures.
Robotique FIRST Québec offer and financial support
See all the details in our 2021-2022 price chart.
Robotique FIRST Québec
138, Saint-Pierre Street, Montréal, Québec H2Y 2L7